I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks since I gave birth to Matthew. Somewhere between here and there, I have made it to my first mile marker (6 weeks) and things have lightened up ever so slightly (note the emphasis on 'slightly'). I was really looking forward to my 6 week post-partum appointment. I was anxious for my doctor, Dr. Totman, and my nurse, Leslie, to meet Matthew. They were so instrumental in his journey and by Matthew meeting them; the whole long and difficult pregnancy was able to come full circle.
Everyone in the office touched a little part of my pregnancy. They were always wonderful to my kids when we came in for appointments, they were accommodating with my doctor's schedule and my gazillion appointments, and most importantly- they were rooting for me to have a big healthy baby. They were all so thrilled to see not only me, but Matthew (okay, Damien too). We received a warm and wonderful reception from all of them and it felt so good. My doctor was thrilled to hold Matthew and my nurse, who really befriended me, was brought to tears when she met him.
I had a wonderful and supportive experience with all the people in my doctor's office.
I had a wonderful and supportive experience with all the people in my doctor's office. In addition to me going in for my 6 week check-up, Matthew also saw his doctor for his 6 week check-up. He got a great report and is a healthy and happy little baby. He weighed in at 11 lbs. 4 oz. and grew over an inch in the past month. They grow up so fast! We don't go in for another month, so it will be nice to have a break from doctor's offices for a while!
Matthew has really started showing some of his personality. At 6 weeks, Matthew gave us his first smile (my heart melted and I teared up) and is really looking around a lot these days. He responds to all noises- mainly that of his big brother and sister, and is having a lot more awake time during the day. Thankfully, for the time being, he has figured out his nights and days and sleeps pretty soundly at night. He must be in a growth spurt because he is eating every 2 hours during the day with an occasional 3 hour stretch (woo-hoo). Because he is eating like a champ, Matthew is a certified poop machine and keeps us busy. We recently re-financed the house so that we can keep up with the high demand for size 1 diapers. He has started cooing and making sweet little noises. He is napping a little more soundly these days and spends at least a few naps in his bassinet, instead of our arms. He still sleeps with me at night (I love it!!!) and enjoys staring at mom for extended periods of time. I have no complaints with that! He is not a huge fan of his car seat.
He usually fusses when I put him in there, but once the car starts moving, he calms down and either stares out the window or falls asleep. But, of course, once the car rocks to a stop- he fusses and sometimes practices using his lungs by screaming as loud as he can (Michael and Claire are not a fans of this). We still don't really know what color his hair is which is o funny! So to sum it all up . . . life with our 6 week old is great. We have all adjusted to 'Matthew Time' and are settling into life with Matthew The Boss.
He usually fusses when I put him in there, but once the car starts moving, he calms down and either stares out the window or falls asleep. But, of course, once the car rocks to a stop- he fusses and sometimes practices using his lungs by screaming as loud as he can (Michael and Claire are not a fans of this). We still don't really know what color his hair is which is o funny! So to sum it all up . . . life with our 6 week old is great. We have all adjusted to 'Matthew Time' and are settling into life with Matthew The Boss.
No comments:
Post a Comment