You never like to see you children get hurt. But at some point, you just have to realize it is bound to happen! Matthew walked kind of late at 14 months and because of this, he is really a solid walker and falls well. A major problem for Matthew is that he is obsessed with sports balls and water balloons. He has them in his hands all the time and it poses a problem when he falls because he can't brace himself because his hands are full. Well, today was just like any other day where I basically gave Matthew full reign of our house. He wanders and explores at his own pace and generally checks in with me or I search him out if he is too quiet. I was talking in the kitchen with my sister-in-law Heather when I heard that cry where you just know someone got really hurt. I ran outside and found Matthew laying on the patio screaming. I picked him up and held him close, waiting for him to calm down, and then investigated. No serious injury but his face was all messed up. He had a cut under his left eye, a pea sized mass under his eyelid, and a giant immediate bruise running up the side of his face. Luckily, he is one tough guy! I still have no idea what he hit out there in the backyard. But whatever it was, it hit him hard! Poor Matthew!!!!Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Face Plant
You never like to see you children get hurt. But at some point, you just have to realize it is bound to happen! Matthew walked kind of late at 14 months and because of this, he is really a solid walker and falls well. A major problem for Matthew is that he is obsessed with sports balls and water balloons. He has them in his hands all the time and it poses a problem when he falls because he can't brace himself because his hands are full. Well, today was just like any other day where I basically gave Matthew full reign of our house. He wanders and explores at his own pace and generally checks in with me or I search him out if he is too quiet. I was talking in the kitchen with my sister-in-law Heather when I heard that cry where you just know someone got really hurt. I ran outside and found Matthew laying on the patio screaming. I picked him up and held him close, waiting for him to calm down, and then investigated. No serious injury but his face was all messed up. He had a cut under his left eye, a pea sized mass under his eyelid, and a giant immediate bruise running up the side of his face. Luckily, he is one tough guy! I still have no idea what he hit out there in the backyard. But whatever it was, it hit him hard! Poor Matthew!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The EXACT same thing just happened to Morgan. Ahh, life with a new walker ;-)
We miss you all so much and really hope we can get tog next time you are up here. Brad and I have to work in OR most of July so the kids are coming to Ca during that time. i know you are sooo very busy but they would love to see you and help you out. I am grateful, Lisa, for your ear during a time when i really needed it. You are the best!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment