By far- the best back to school surprise known to man! My Mom had told my kids to expect a back to school delivery on Saturday morning from Nonna and Grandpa. Of course they had a million questions and wanted hints but my parents were not going to give them an inch! They woke up in the morning and kept looking out the window for the delivery man. I did give the smallest of details letting them know that the delivery would be between 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. After waiting all morning, there was a knock at the door and they they both ran as fast as they could and opened the door. Confused when they saw a guy wearing a Safeway hat/uniform, they proceeded to start bringing in the many many bags he had outside for them. One bag after another, while totally screaming- Michael and Claire brought the bags into the living room and realized what a special treat they were in for! Nonna and Grandpa had gotten them more cereal than they knew what to do with. And while there were some healthy choices in there- mostly the cereal was the yummy kind that I only got as a child if I had a sleep over! Trix, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles- and it goes on and on!
They couldn't believe their eyes when they laid out all of their loot! I mean- could you imagine if you were a kid and this happened to you? When I was a kid, I always wanted to win a shopping spree to Toys R Us, but I am sure this would've come in a close second! Michael and Claire lined up the boxes end to end, then they stacked them as high as they could, followed by making a house out of them! They had an absolute ball and I know this is just what my parents had in mind when they came up with the coolest idea ever! 20 boxes of awesome cereal . . . a dream come true for my kids. And a great thing for me too because I am not going to have to by cereal for a long long time!Because we are still in the throws of construction- this was a perfect gift considering that we don't have a oven to cook on or in. Cereal is that universal food that you really can eat for every meal! Because the kids have really been quarantined to a certain area of the house as not to hurt themselves on the mess, this was a great treat for them. This picture was taken in my living room which is chalk full of my kitchen/dining room. I can't wait until I have my living room back! Almost there! A very sugar-highed thanks to Nonna and Grandpa for giving us all a little surprise to brighten our day!
3 comments:
Are there Golden Grahams? Those are my favorite!!!!
What a good Nonna & Grandpa. That is the sweetest thing ever. I need to put that away in my memory bank for one day when I'm a Nonna ;-)
That has to be THE. BEST. idea ever! I'm gonna have to hold on to that one for a few years and try it myself.
Post a Comment