Matthew, Matthew, Matthew. I love this kid. He is so funny, so creative, and just so much fun to be around. Now that Michael and Claire are in full day school, I get to enjoy and participate a lot more in Matthew and Emily's days. We do a lot of hanging out, singing silly songs, okay- and Matthew watches the occasional (wink, wink) DVD so Mommy can blog, or do laundry, or whatever. But you get what I am saying. I am really trying to enjoy these little guys while they are just that . . . little. All of my kids are just growing up too fast. I want to preserve this 'stage' in Matthew and Emily's lives because they are still at my fingertips and not in school all day. I want to fully dive in and participate because I now know how fast it passes.
Today while Emily was napping, Matthew and I made lollipop ghosts. You know- the kind where you put a kleenex over the lollipop and draw a face. Although it was a simple craft- Matthew thought it was just the coolest thing! We made a few and then he asked if he could take his ghost, who he named Max, into the other room. 'Of course you can. Just don't eat him!' Please note that he had JUST had a lollipop so it wasn't evil of me to tell him not to eat another one! Matthew was awfully quiet in the other room and I had every reason to suspect that he was trying to eat his friend, Max. I snuck in and found him sitting down with little teeny tiny pieces of kleenex all over this pants. 'Matthew, what are you doing?' I asked him. He tried so hard to think of a good excuse but all he could come up with was, 'Max was so hot so I take his coat off.' SERIOUSLY? I had to try so hard not to laugh. He knew he shouldn't eat the lollipop but he was apparently having the hardest time listening to his conscience. That is why he ripped the tiniest pieces of kleenex off of Max rather than rippping the kleenex off in one grab! He just picked away hoping I would either stop him or get distracted and then he could eat his friend! Anyway, I thought it was so funny and I took a picture of the before and after so you could see how gently he pulled the kleenex off to help Max . . . because he was so hot!
3 comments:
Spanish Bea here!!!
I don´t know if Jocelyn told you that your blogs are my "English reading training". I just want to thank you for sharing such funny stories.. and of course thanks to your beautiful kids for doing them!!!
As I was reading I was imagin Mathew's face... it remembered me Brennan a lot!!!
Say "hola" to your BIG BIG family.
I'll keep reading you!!
Love it! Where's the other picture with the kleenex all taken off??
Finally caught up on your blog. TOO CUTE. I'm so glad you guys are doing well. Emily is getting cuter and cuter, I LOVE that picture of her and Matthew.
Post a Comment