We have been going a million miles a minute lately so why not keep up the pace? Damien's company was scheduled to have their sales conference in Las Vegas this year. One night he said to me, 'Do you want to go to Vegas the weekend before the sales conference? The room and my flight are paid for!" I thought it was too good to pass up! We got home from Palm Springs on Friday evening and were scheduled to leave on a flight from San Jose at 9:00 a.m. to Vegas!
It was overwhelming to me but I knew I would be glad I went. My sister-in-law Heather and sister Gina graciously offered to watch the kids Saturday morning through Monday morning. I would come home on Monday and then Damien would be at his sales conference Monday through Thursday. I had packed the night before and was ready to go. Well, except one thing. I woke up and felt absolutely sick. I swear, I was in the bathroom every three minutes with 'an emergency'. Great.
I thought of cancelling but thought I would feel better soon and we left the house. The flight was great. We got a taxi ride to the Cosmopolitan Hotel which is absolutely stunning. It is really is so glamorous! There is a three story chandelier in the middle of the hotel which is so beautiful! We loved staying here. Each room had it's own balcony and ours overlooked the Bellagio water show. Can't beat that! The restaurants were really good and the pool was so much fun.
I did eventually feel better . . . the next day. I had to turn in early on Saturday night because this 'flu' or whatever had hold of me did not want to let go. It was nice though to just be with Damien and relax. Normally when I am sick I have to tend to the kids no matter how horrible I feel. This way, I could take care of myself which was a welcome feeling. We woke up the next morning (after sleeping in a bit) and felt amazing! We went to a delicious buffet at the Cosmo (usually we don't do buffets) that was incredible. The food was so good and worth the thirty minute wait!
We had a wonderful trip. Damien wished he could come home with me but had to stay for three more days with his company. When I got back home, the kids were so happy to see me and I am thankful that I pushed through my illness, disregarded my nervousness at turning around after driving home from Palm Springs only to fly out the next morning, and resisted the fear I have at leaving my kids at home. I love my husband and it is so important for us to get away once in a while. A great reminder of the people we were before we met, and what we were like before we got married and had children. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Thanks for making this happen, Damien. You're the best!
Sunday, May 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you guys are amazing! I wish John and I had the opportunity to get away more often. But we do try to connect in other ways. Good for you for going even with all your hesitations. I am so glad you felt better!
And by the way....HOT MAMA of 4! WOOWOO!
looking good lis. i am so jealous. i want to go there. now. and stay for 2 weeks.
Hot MAMMA!!!!
Post a Comment