My sister Laura is one of the most amazing people I know. Laura is so funny, so organized, so loving, so nurturing, so independent, and so smart! She always knows what is going on around her, what special days are approaching (birthdays), and keeps her life so organized. I need to take a few hints from her!
A while back, I was talking to Damien and my sister, Gina and telling them how cool it would be to get Laura down here. We thought that her flying down alone was too much for her to handle (who likes flying alone?) so we brainstormed. Gina mentioned she would be up in Washington for work while visiting the family and offered to fly her down to San Jose! Awesome! My family would be flying back to to Washington four days later for a visit so we would help fly her home! When Laura heard the great news that she was going to visit California, she started organizing and planning that very day!
Laura was so excited when I picked her up from the airport! She couldn't wait to see the kids and loved when they ran and gave her BIG hugs! She told them to "Wait right there!" for a minute and went to her purse. She had bought them all candy in the Seattle airport. I thought that was the cutest. Every candy was hand picked by Laura and actually was their favorite! Laura is the best. Have I said that yet?
I had cleared the week so that we didn't have too much going on. We wanted to enjoy Laura's stay! We ran errands, went shopping, dropped the kids at school and picked them up, went out to lunch, and just enjoyed our time with Laura to the fullest!
One night, we celebrated my sister-in-law Jocelyn's birthday party and she was beyond thrilled to be able to see some of Damien's family. Laura is a lover and she ceretainly loves Damien's family!
After we sat down to dinner, I barely said a word to her. She was loving talking with Ali, Heavenly, Mark, and Jocelyn. She was even more thrilled to be able to meet and hold Heavenly's new baby, Pascale! Lucky, lucky Laura!!!
We spent the rest of her stay enjoying her to the fullest. Claire was awesome and offered her room to Laura for the duration of her trip! I really hope we can get Laura down to our house once a year. She is such a joy to be around and she makes our life so wonderful and bright! Love you Laura!!!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
AWW Super cute!!!!!
So fun!
I cannot explain how excited Laura was to share time with her sisters, "favorite" brother in law, and nieces and nephews! Thank you to all the Swendsen's for your love and support!
Post a Comment