Friday, August 31, 2012
Las Vegas with My College Roomates
I have been spoiled this year with the amount of time I have been able to get away from the house. This trip sort of landed in my lap- so to speak. It started with an email from one of my college roommates alerting us that the one and only Neil Diamond was going to be touring in San Jose during the end of August. Trouble was that the concert was going to be on a Tuesday. Two of my friends don't live in the Bay Area which makes traveling for a Tuesday concert sort of a bust. So what was suggested? My Vegas loving friend Brook suggested that we go see him the following weekend in Las Vegas. At first I scoffed at the idea. Then, they all said they were in and were going to start planning the weekend. One conversation with Damien later and I too, was in!
Brook flew in from Denver, Jaime flew in from Phoenix, Lani and Kristine flew in from San Francisco, and I flew in from San Jose. By some small miracle- we all arrived around the same time and planned to have a great weekend! We stayed at The Mirage. I loved it there. It has a great layout and the rooms were really nice and spacious.
We did a lot of lounging by the pool, ate a lot of food (naturally), laughed a tremendous amount, shopped, and got to see Neil Diamond in his last concert in his Farewell Tour. Let me just add that I have seen Neil before with Damien in San Jose. This show in Las Vegas was phenomenal and topped San Jose with ease.
It was a wonderful chance to get away and be with my girlfriends. I miss all of them. We all lived together for either three or four years and they were some of the best years of my life. It was even more special to be able to spend such wonderful quality time with Lani, too. Being that we are family, we rarely have time to spend time alone with each other and catch up as friends. This weekend with her (we roomed together) was like old college times and was exactly what we both needed. A break from home and a chance to rekindle our friendship which means the world to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment