Oh- where does the time go? My little Matthew is already 4 months old. I can't believe it! Lucky for me, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed each and every smile, cry, giggle, drool, and chubby finger. There has been a sort of calm that has come over me with my third child. I haven't had any anxiety with him and have been able to really enjoy Matthew to the fullest. It is a great feeling to be at ease and to enjoy the ride.
Matthew is growing up so fast! At this 4 month check up, he weighed in at a hearty 17 lbs. 2 oz. He moved from the 70th percentile in height in weight to the 90th percentile in each category. I have a feeling that he is going to continue to 'chub-up' just like Claire did. He got four shots (immunizations) and they knocked him out! He handled them well, and then slept a lot. Unfortunately, in the middle of the night he started burning up. It was the first time he has had a fever and I felt so bad. Luckily, the Tylenol brought it right down.
We have a very smiley boy on our hands. Yes, he will cry if he is hungry, hurt, or tired- but for the most part he is very content and happy. He has really started to engage with me by focusing on what I am saying, anticipating things, and smiling when he is happy. He started to drool last month and now is working on getting his two bottom teeth. Matthew likes to chew on his closed fists, which is great because it calms him. He eats about every 3 hours all day and night and has developed the cutest little ritual. While he is breastfeeding, he constantly pets my arm. It kind of looks like he is doing the crawl-stoke as he brings his soft little hand up into the air and then back down to mine. It is so sweet and I cherish our quiet time together where I feel so insanely in love with him and bonded.Matthew has great head control due to the fact that he loves watching Michael and Claire run all over the place. He has yet to roll over but a lot of that is my fault. He doesn't get much floor time due to the fact that he is carried most of the day or in the car running errands/carpool. I promise to try and focus on giving him more floor/tummy time this month.
His hair is coming in a little more, but still no definite answer about his hair color. However, his eyes are an undeniably sparkling blue. He still has only one dimple in his left cheek and it is adorable! He is talking a lot more, smiling a lot, and this month- he gave us his first giggle! He is really letting his personality shine through and we are all more in love with this little guy!
1 comment:
im so excited to see my baby! that left dimple slays me. :)
Post a Comment