contentment? If you look closely at this picture, I have spit up on my t-shirt from a long night with Mr. Matthew. All 4 of us have 'morning eyes', and our hair is a collective mess. Some people may look at this picture and see these imperfections. I, however, look at this picture and see perfection. What a way to start off my Mother's Day! Snuggled together in bed with my three babies who all managed to look at the camera at the same time! Amazing! It was my first Mother's Day with three kiddos and I felt triple blessed. They make me so happy and it was nice to see that I make them happy, too. We had planned to head north to Damien's family early Saturday morning, but because Damien rolled into our house at 1:30 a.m. from his business trip to Florida- I knew it was in my best interest to let him sleep in! What was different than most trips up there was that we were all
going to stay at a hotel because Damien's parents' house was under construction (what is with both of our families remodeling their houses at the same time?). The thought was a bit daunting at first, but as soon as all of us were settled into our rooms, the fun began. Lani (and her family), Jocelyn (and her family), Marlene (and her family) and our little family had planned to have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend- despite the relocation. In no time, we all had our doors open, all the kids running to and fro, with the parents eating goodies Marlene had bought. The hotel was great and the pool, spectacular! The kids had so much fun, and yes, I braved my swimming suit and went in the pool as well (golf claps, please).
going to stay at a hotel because Damien's parents' house was under construction (what is with both of our families remodeling their houses at the same time?). The thought was a bit daunting at first, but as soon as all of us were settled into our rooms, the fun began. Lani (and her family), Jocelyn (and her family), Marlene (and her family) and our little family had planned to have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend- despite the relocation. In no time, we all had our doors open, all the kids running to and fro, with the parents eating goodies Marlene had bought. The hotel was great and the pool, spectacular! The kids had so much fun, and yes, I braved my swimming suit and went in the pool as well (golf claps, please).Another part of Mother's Day Weekend was a farewell dinner for Mark, Jocelyn, and Brennan as they were preparing to move to London for a few years. Mark's job had provided them with a job opportunity over there and they jumped at the chance! So, we all wished them a safe and exciting trip. I am happy for them and hope that it is a wonderful experience- but I would be lying if I didn't admit that it is also very sad for me, personally. We will miss them terribly.
On Mother's Day, we all went to mass together (Matthew did not like the sound of the organ) and then joined together for a memorable brunch. Of course, Matthew wanted to eat right when I brought my fork to my mouth. I think he just wanted to remind me that I was a Mother and it was my day! Once he was fed and I started eating (thanks to Heather holding him), I was informed that Matthew peed out of his diaper and all over Heather. I again excused myself from the table to change him. It was, after all, what I had signed up for by being a Mom. So I laughed off the hysteria and made the best of it.
On Mother's Day, we all went to mass together (Matthew did not like the sound of the organ) and then joined together for a memorable brunch. Of course, Matthew wanted to eat right when I brought my fork to my mouth. I think he just wanted to remind me that I was a Mother and it was my day! Once he was fed and I started eating (thanks to Heather holding him), I was informed that Matthew peed out of his diaper and all over Heather. I again excused myself from the table to change him. It was, after all, what I had signed up for by being a Mom. So I laughed off the hysteria and made the best of it.
I love being a Mother and to quote my sister Jill, "Every day is Mother's Day!" A big thanks to Damien for being so thoughtful and making sure the kids felt important. Happy Mother's Day to all the 'Mothers' in my life. You are an inspiration to me!
1 comment:
LOVE the morning picture - it portrays pure joy & love! You worked hard to have those 3 beauties come into this world and you do such an AMAZING job as their mother every moment of their lives. You are an inspiration to me and a role model I cherish. Thanks for our talk today and I look forward to more. I celebrate and honor you! Can't wait to see you soon...
Post a Comment