
Both Michael and Claire have soccer games on Saturdays. It is starting to take over our lives- I swear! I have no idea how my Mom and Dad managed to get us all to our games, get us home, provide snacks, and feed us. Really, how did they seem to make our Soccer Saturdays so seamless? Damien and I always hope that Michael and Claire's games are within the same general time frame. If not, we are going to and from the field for the better part of our Saturday and it is just too much. Once we add in Matthew's nap time- things can get a bit complicated! This year, Damien is helping assistant coach Michael's team called
The Celtics. Claire's team is called
The Dare Devils. Well, this particular afternoon, Damien opted to stay home and let Matthew nap and I took Claire to her game. It was also picture day so we were going to be at the field for a few hours and I wasn't going to complain about having to sit in a chair on the sidelines, relax in the sun and enjoy her game!

Claire is loving soccer this year. She seems to get the overall idea better and is really understanding the flow of the game. She laughs, she is focused, she has moments of true competitiveness, and then has moments of relief that she can sit out a quarter and relax. I also have to add that she loves oranges at halftime and the snack after the game (which really is no surprise if you know Claire and her affinity for snacking!). She is having a great time and really- this is all I want for her. Claire's coaches are amazing. They understand that kids at this tender age just need to have fun while learning fundamentals. They are doing everything right and I am so glad that Claire is being coached by them!

I had a great afternoon watching Claire. I had an even better time having her come over to me after every quarter for some TLC. She loves when I give her praise and truthfully- she tries her hardest and it makes me so proud and happy. The next time I am at Michael's game I will take some pictures and post about him and his team. Until then, I am going to enjoy the memory of watching my Clairey play soccer.
3 comments:
yeah sissy! tallest in the picture. welcome to the sacco family. auntie nan was the tallest in her picture (even taller than the boys) until seventh grade.
Oh yes, we are at the soccer field 4 times a week, it does take over! Great lookin team!
Claire looks so tall and athletic in her soccer uniform! Have a great season Claire!
Post a Comment