Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And So It Begins!

For those of you that know me- you know that I am a big communicator. I am really not afraid to be open and honest to people, even when letting people know my fears and my hesitations. You might say that I wear my heart on my sleeve. Because I blog and because it is a great creative and expressive outlet for me- I am going to be very open about my journey through pregnancy. I am not afraid to speak my truths and find it so gratifying to look back at my entries months and months down the road to see how much I have grown. So bear with me, here we go!

Due to my pre-term labor and diagnosed incompetent cervix, I get a cerclage placed between week twelve and thirteen of my pregnancies. A cerclage is a stitch (actually two of them) that are placed in the cervix to give it extra strength and something to 'hold on to' during the pregnancy. The hope is that the cerclage will prevent me from going into preterm labor and get me through the most volatile and important weeks of the pregnancy. So on December 30th, Damien I checked into the hospital for my cerclage surgery. The procedure itself takes about fifteen to twenty minutes, but you have to get a spinal and then wait to get full feeling again and be observed. We were thrilled that the procedure went just as planned and even happier that it appears to be placed in the right spot and holding well.

When Damien and I decided to get pregnant again, we knew that there was a lot of craziness that comes with it. However the stark difference between thinking you are ready and actually having to do it is a big deal. It is hard to be pregnant and go into a procedure that can cause miscarriage. Once I find out I am pregnant- I am instantly in love with the baby. It is time to put my head down and go as positively as I can through each day. I amAdd Image ready to give my all to this pregnancy and give this baby the best chance I can to be healthy. In the end- I am so thankful that I can even be pregnant. I am so blessed to be able to give my kids a new sibling, and I am even more fortunate to have such a wonderful, understanding, just-as-crazy-as I-am husband who is on board with it all. We have faith in God that what is meant to happen- will happen. And until we meet this sweet new life that is growing in my belly, we will continue to work as hard as we can to do the very best for him or her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute scrubs d! so happy that everything went smoothly!