Michael brought home his journal this week and along with some of his great writing, was a really cute portrait of our family. I love this picture so much for so many reasons. I think it is so cute how he included such detail on the different members of our family. Claire has long hair, Matthew is shorter, Damien apparently has shrunk in size in comparison to me, my hair looks like spider legs. But seriously, I just love how he views our family! As you all know, I am pregnant again and this is the first time Michael has acknowledged the new baby in our family portrait. What I find so interesting is that he calls the baby '2nd Baby'. In Michael's mind, Matthew is the first baby and this baby will be the second. I just love that! In my eyes, Matthew is turning into such a big boy. He will always be my baby- but he is transitioning in my mind to being a big boy, not really a baby anymore. But Michael still thinks he is the '1st Baby' and I like that. All my kids are my babies. When they are married and with their own children- they will still be my babies.As we are moving through the weeks of this pregnancy and we are calling the baby in my tummy 'The Baby', I love that Michael added his own fresh perspective about what he thinks is going on. Let's hope '1st Baby' and '2nd Baby' agree on their priority when this is all said and done!
1 comment:
That is such a cute picture! What a scream! I love the spider hair. :) In the past, I've had first graders draw pictures of their moms' giving birth, so be happy that Michael doesn't go into TOO much detail! Teachers always know WAY more than they should about families! :) I have some funny stories!
Post a Comment