
I know that I gush a lot on here about how funny Matthew is, but I just can't help it! It is his sense of humor, the way he knows how to deliver a punch line at the age of two, the one eyebrow raised glance towards me that sends me swirling into hysterical laughter. THE KID IS JUST FUNNY! He has these knock knock jokes he says that are far beyond his comprehension level. He really has no idea what it means, but he knows it makes people laugh. He also watches Michael and Claire and will turn their funny episodes into something all of his own. For instance, Michael was doing on of those games where you fold a piece of paper in fours and then fours again so that you can move your fingers in it to reveal different colors or numbers. Michael was going through this with Damien and then asked him to pick a number. Matthew then listened to Claire tell a story about how Auntie Nannie used to close her hands and tell the kids that she had a surprise for them in there. When the kids would open it- she would say "LOVE" and hug them. Matthew digested all of this and went to Damien minutes later with his hands closed like he would have imagined Auntie Nannie's to be. He said to Damien, "Open my gate". (We still don't know where 'gate' came from but Damien opened his hands, anyway.) Then Matthew shouted "LOVE". As quickly as he finished this part of his trick he then told Damien to "Pick a number". (Damien picked 4.) Then he shouted "FOUR" and looked to all of us for approval! He was so proud of himself and went around the table having us open 'his gate' over and over and over. Weird but hilarious.

Sometimes it is the way Matthew goes about things that make me laugh. Matthew felt so cool after Claire's soccer game when the person bringing treats had an extra treat for him. He waited all the way home to open his
Oreos and I left him alone for a bit while I tended to Emily. I came back about five minutes later and this is what I found. A crazy little guy,
un-sticking Oreo halves, scraping the creme off of one side, laying them all down on the carpet, waiting for a reaction. And he was so cool about it. Once he saw that we were all laughing at him, he started doing it with attitude and the rest is all hysterical history. Man, I love this boy. He lightens the mood often with his wit while continually filling my heart with tremendous amounts of love. I CANNOT wait to see who and what this little guy turns out to be. It is going to be a funny, funny ride.
4 comments:
Being that Jonah is the third like Matthew, I have to wonder if he will also be the funny one. If you haven't been to our blog in a while you have to check it out and see how much he is reminding me of Matthew in the "making everyone laugh" arena! I think he finds himself hilarious and LOVES it when he makes others laugh. It must be those #3s!
I LOVE you little family. So so so funny and sweet!
Just take a look at the "Ween" and there is your answer. Bring it on Matthew and we will eat it up!
Nonna
HOW CUTE!!!
'Open my gate.' I remember when he was up here and I wouldn't open his gate and he was livid. He would raise his gate to me, with his mouth fully open and I would pretend like I was going to open it, but alas I didn't. I love this kid. He's hilarious. Yat's final, and I mean it.
Post a Comment