
I was exhausted the day after Thanksgiving. Dishes were done, house was amazingly cleaned up, but I was thrashed. Damien, too for that matter. We hung in a lot of the day and just vegged out. A great party, but now we were two parents with no energy for our four energy-filled kids. Uh-oh. Michael and Claire love to make forts in the front room. They pull these two big chairs I have together and drape them with blankets. Then they get every stuffed animal in the house and just play imaginary games in their new fort. Matthew loves when they do this but they get annoyed with him because he basically destroys whatever they are creating! Well, Damien plopped down in one of these chairs and they basically piled everything on top of him and called it "The Dream Spa". Claire came in the kitchen and asked if I would make her a cup of hot apple cider and then she gave it to her Daddy,
unbeknownst to me! He looked so comfy and actually stayed in the 'spa' for about half of an hour.

I got Emily to sleep in the crib and came out to the front room and plopped down on the couch. I was totally fine to not be in the Dream Spa, as I was just as relaxed where I was. But it was only a matter of time before the 'spa' came my way. At first I resisted but then I realized how heavenly this spa really was. The weight and warmth the blankets and animals provided was amazing. I stayed under this
majesty for an hour until I had to get up to get my darling girl. The kids loved that they could 'play' with us and we enjoyed it just the same! And the best part . . . they cleaned up the mess!
1 comment:
That is awesome! What fun! And they even clean up!!! I need to get me some of those older kids! hahaha
Post a Comment