Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I couldn't do what I do without Damien. My kids wouldn't be as funny, strong, confident, educated in all things Star Wars, and loved if he weren't in their lives. It's great that today we can honor his dedication to us all and thank him for making us so happy! We woke up this morning in Burlingame after a great night at our friend's wedding. We quickly hopped in the car and came home to spend the morning with our kids and shower Damien with some fun gifts and love! The kids really put a lot of thought into this morning. Michael made Damien a saw at school that was decorated with his picture and the phrase, You're the Best Dad I Ever Saw! Pretty clever, I thought! Claire made Damien a framed picture of herself (always a crowd pleaser) and she was really proud of her efforts! Matthew had made Damien a card and for the first time- was able to write his name (or at least Matt) . Emily drooled on Damien and he loved it. As usual, the kids got Damien gift cards so they could go out on 1-on-1 dinner dates with him. Michael chose Cluck U., Claire chose Red Lobster, and Matthew chose Red Robin. The kids LOVE picking out these gift cards and we love seeing where they pick!

After our own Father's Day celebration, we went over to Mark and Jocelyn's house where Damien's whole family gathered for some good food and a Chubby Bunny competition (seeing how many marshmallows you can fit in your mouth while still saying Chubby Bunny). The kids thought this was hilarious! Afterwards, we headed to The Riley's house to celebrate their daughter Issy's 2nd birthday and also judge a BBQ Rib-Off. There were eight people who brought and made ribs for the group and then the people in attendance voted on which one was most delicious. Damien loved this as he is a rib lover. Perfect Father's Day activity for him! The kids swam with their Daddy and we all had a great time. We needed to head home though because bright and early the next morning we were flying to Washington to see my family. It was a great but crazy weekend and we are so happy to have Damien in our lives.

Here are the reasons my kids love their Dad the most!

From Michael: "I think my Dad is the best because he is always there for me and comforts me and helps to learn. He always tries to make me laugh. My Dad talks in funny voices and always is so funny! I love to play soccer with him and eat lots of turkey jerkey and chocolate together. Well, not eat both of those at the same time but you know what I mean!"

From Claire: "I think my Dad is the best because I always think he is talented, supportive, great at sports, and loving. My favorite thing to do with him is read books together and go to lunch different places with him sometimes. I think the funniest thing about him is his jokes. I love it when my Dad tucks me into bed at night and says prayers with me."

From Matthew: "My favorite thing about my Dad is we going to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. We going to go get something to eat and get jelly beans. Daddy is very sweet. Daddy is always going to take me places. I think I am going to draw a picture for him. My Dad is funny. He always throws me on he's bed and read books with me. He told he how to say, 'Sorry for partying!' I love Daddy.

From Emily: "I love my Dad because he never ignores me even when he is really busy. He will always pick me up and see what I need. Dad makes me laugh so hard. He chases me and already taught me how to use funny voices. So far, he has taught me how to sound like a pirate and a scary monster. Daddy also loves to tickle me until I laugh so hard that Mommy tells him to stop! I love my Dad.

3 comments:

Damien said...

Love it! Thanks Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Damien- We are blessed to have you as the father of our beautiful,loving and caring grandchildren. We love you and respect your dedication to family.

Linda aka Nonna

hdgina said...

Great post Lis. I love emmy's part and omg... red lobster? hahaa. D- you set the standard for the type of man I want to marry... wonderful husband and amazing father.