- We arrive at the airport on time and decide to get dinner before we take off.
- Damien, the boys and Emily go get pizza while Claire and I get Una Mas Burritos.
- Claire gets a Pork Carnitas Burrito which I thought sounded delicious!
- Claire and I eat our burritos.
- I ask Claire for a bite of her burrito and think to myself, "Weird. That kind of tastes like chemicals."
- I don't do anything about it because I'm sleep deprived and just think it is a gross tasting burrito.
- Finally it registers with me that my daughter's burrito should not taste like chemicals. I ask for another bite and decide, "Yes. This tastes like chemicals."
- I tell Claire to stop eating the burrito- although it is already 4/5 done.
- It is almost time to board the plane when Claire needs to throw up. Claire sprints to the bathroom.
- The next 20 minutes are spent in the bathroom. Poor Claire.
- We are calling my Mom and asking if they want us to come up there because Claire might have the stomach flu!
- The plane is boarding.
- We are all sweating.
- Claire can't leave the bathroom.
- I tell her she has to leave the bathroom.
- Claire is not leaving the bathroom.
- My parents tell us to come anyway and we all decide we will just quarantine Claire.
- I basically pull Claire out of the bathroom and we get on the plane.
- We are in the last row of the plane.
- Claire has a brown paper bag to barf in.
- The flight attendant comes to us before take off and lets us know that a "Severe Turbulence Warning" has been issued. She also explains that the back row will feel it the most. All 6 of us are in the back row.
- The kids start crying because the flight attendant thought it appropriate to tell them that they were going to feel like they were on the worst roller coaster of their lives.
- We are all given barf bags.
- OMG
- By the grace of God, we arrive in Seattle with minimal turbulence and none of us used the barf bags.
- Claire is quarantined in my Mom's office but she feels fine.
- I wake up in the middle of the night and have stomach cramps. I am up for hours dancing 'The Toilet Tango". (The Cha Cha Cha was just too predictable, people!)
- In the morning I curse the Chemically Corrupt Pork Carnitas Burrito and decide Claire and I had food poisoning.
- Both Claire and I are thankful to have that out of our system and are ready to enjoy our Thanksgiving Break. Oy vey.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Airport Fiasco
I am only writing this so that we don't forget years from now the absolute chaos that went on at the airport on our way to Nonna and Grandpa's today for Thanksgiving Break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just goes to show you that the Swendsens are the ultimate troupers when it comes to the airport. We are always thankful for their visits and love to see all the bright little faces - food poisoning or not. I love these babies!
Post a Comment