
One of the best parts of being pregnant was being pregnant with my sister. Jill was about 3 1/2 months ahead of me but we called each other daily and commiserated together when the going got tough. She gave birth to her son, Kyle, in October and I lost my pregnant buddy and really missed being a part of Kyle's first days since I was stuck in California.
Lucky for me, in January she was able to fly down and introduce me to Kyle (he was 3 1/2 months old) when I was 35 weeks pregnant. She was even here when I had the cerclage removed and even more importantly, she was here when I gave birth to Matthew. Because Matthew went straight to the NICU, Kyle wasn't able to meet him. This is yet another reason why I was so excited to see my family because it meant that finally . . . the new cousins would meet! Kyle is no little baby and the joke before we got up there was that Kyle was going to eat Matthew for a snack. No, Kyle didn't get to nibble on Matthew, but the two babies looked adorable together and did enjoy kicking and flailing around together on my mom's couch.
It was such a thrill to finally get the two boys together and my Mom couldn't resist buying them matching outfits. I can't wait to see the boys together in a month when we fly up to visit again. It will be neat to see how they've changed and also see if they interact any differently. Until then, I am going to try and chub Matthew up so that he'll be able to hold his own against Kyle!!
Lucky for me, in January she was able to fly down and introduce me to Kyle (he was 3 1/2 months old) when I was 35 weeks pregnant. She was even here when I had the cerclage removed and even more importantly, she was here when I gave birth to Matthew. Because Matthew went straight to the NICU, Kyle wasn't able to meet him. This is yet another reason why I was so excited to see my family because it meant that finally . . . the new cousins would meet! Kyle is no little baby and the joke before we got up there was that Kyle was going to eat Matthew for a snack. No, Kyle didn't get to nibble on Matthew, but the two babies looked adorable together and did enjoy kicking and flailing around together on my mom's couch.
It was such a thrill to finally get the two boys together and my Mom couldn't resist buying them matching outfits. I can't wait to see the boys together in a month when we fly up to visit again. It will be neat to see how they've changed and also see if they interact any differently. Until then, I am going to try and chub Matthew up so that he'll be able to hold his own against Kyle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment