Friday, April 25, 2008

Memories- Like The Corner of My Mind

So- sometimes the most significant moments or memories of a trip don't take place during the big events. Sometimes what makes you laugh 'til you can't breathe or is just plain fascinating is what happens when you are doing nothing at all. For instance, we had a laughing fit watching people drink from these glasses at my Mom's house. It was funny when people knew they were drinking from them- but even funnier when they didn't know it. Damien fell victim to the 'cup trick' and it was hilarious!

Next on the agenda was Matthew's first ever big mess. Yes folks- my sweet little boy dumped an entire box of cereal onto the floor. And the most brilliant part about it was that he didn't alert us to his mess- instead he ate his breakfast off the floor in peace and quiet. That is until Claire freaked out when she saw the disaster! In my house, the cereals are all up high. But in my Mom's pantry (where Kyle and Matthew play a lot) they are on shelves that are within reach of our little distructos. I personally thought it was funny because Matthew (up to this point) really hasn't gotten into a lot of trouble. Maybe he is just saving up until he turns two!

Matthew and Kyle had a lot of fun together. It has been so fun to watch them interact over the past fifteen months. Matthew has always been lagging behind, but he is 3 1/2 months younger. This trip they were more on the same playing field. Matthew was able to hold his own (a little bit) but Kyle still runs the show. It is so fun to see them together- especially when they are up to no good!

This picture cracks me up! It of me and my sister Gina (who we affectionately call The Ween) sandwiching Matthew's cheeks between our own. Poor guy. He was probably minding his own business when we came along! This picture is so surreal when I look at Gina and my coloring as compared to Matthew's. I would have never in a million years have thought that I was going to have a blond baby. While I didn't expect it- I do love it. He is my little guy!

The last picture is of my dear sis, Claire. After Damien and Michael headed back to California, I did a lot of fun things with my Mom, Dad, and sisters. One afternoon, we went to this amazing park not far from my Mom's house. We walked around the trail and then Claire wanted to touch the water. She looked so beautiful perched on the ledge. Such a big girl! Makes me wonder where the time has gone.

P.S. If you don't get the title reference- you need to watch the movie Big again.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Those cups are CLASSIC! I love them and need to find a reason to have them at a party soon so I can have a laughing fit! I can't wait till the next party up here so Morgan can play (get in some trouble) with Matthew and Kyle.