My dear sister in law, Lani, has been such the trooper with her third pregnancy. Every time I saw her, she seemed to be in control and handling things so well! I don't get to see her all that often because we live about 2 hours away from each other, but when we did see each other, I couldn't believe how fast her pregnancy was flying! Her doctor had told her that she would probably deliver early which threw everyone into a tailspin waiting for her new little girl. There was one false alarm (I didn't want to see Hearst Castle anyway) but lucky for her; Lani's doctor set an induction date in case her labor didn't get the show on the road!
Days past and before I knew it- the day was here! She was set to be induced on April 1st and thanks to Damien taking care of my two older kids, Matthew and I made it up north for the big delivery. We set out at 6:00 a.m. and Lani didn't know we were coming. When we did arrive, she was so surprised and happy to see us and we were equally as happy to be there for the delivery of my new niece and Matthew's new cousin! Lani's labor started out well and as expected- quickly turned intense which led to the birth of Caitlin! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to be there when she delivered because of Matthew, but like the trooper he is, he napped in my arms for most of it. He did wake up just as she started pushing, but sat quietly in my arms for the big debut!
It was AWESOME to be there for the birth of Caitlin. I love everything about birth. It is such a miraculous occasion where you get to witness a tiny little person entering our world and taking their first breath. The only other birth I have seen was Lani's first daughter- Megan (who is now 2 years old). It is truly a gift if someone allows you to be in the delivery room. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been there and will certainly never forget it. Lani was so strong- so focused and handled the pain so well. I am so proud of her and was so blessed to have been a part of it all. That afternoon, Damien brought Michael and Claire to the hospital to meet their new cousin. After it was all said and done, Lani sat in bed with her three children and looked so beautiful and so happy. Caitlin is here and so lucky to Lani and Eric as parents! Welcome Caitlin to this Big Big World!
No comments:
Post a Comment