Matthew does not like the feeling of grass. He doesn't mind sitting on it- but HATES lying down on it or crawling on it. In an effort to avoid this feeling, he has changed the way he crawls on grass. He looks so silly and knows he is being silly when he crawls like this. I affectionately call him Mowgli the Man Cub. If you think back to The Jungle Book, Baloo the Bear tries to teach Mowgli how to crawl like a bear and it looks exactly like Matthew in this picture.Matthew has started taking many more steps these days, however, once he falls, he crawls to his destination. After a good day of outdoor play, his little knees, feet, and toes are all scratched up. He never complains- but I feel bad for him. I sense that this 'scratchy-ness' has started to really bug him so I have found that he not only assumes the Mowgli crawl on the grass, but on the flagstone, too! He is so funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment