Michael is having a great soccer season! He is on a team called the Mighty Celtics (I know- sounds more like a basketball team than a soccer team). He is on the team with a lot of his school friends and has the best time at both the practices and the games. It has been fun to watch him this season as he has really gotten to know the flow of the game, how to attack the ball and break things up.
This season, Damien has been assistant coaching and has enjoyed watching these boys improve on their game and also have a lot of fun!! Michael loves that his Daddy is there and it is a really nice bonding experience for both of them. Despite being really competitive, Michael seems to be really happy out on the field when he is playing soccer. He hustles a lot and really loves the game- which is all that is important to me!
I mentioned this in my soccer post about Claire, but because Michael and Claire's games aren't usually aren't around the same time, we spend most of our Saturday taking the kids to soccer. Because Damien is the coach and has to be there and if Matthew is napping, I have to stay home. I know there will come a time when I won't have a sleeping baby and will be able to make it to most of the kid's games but until then, I think that if we are able to get one parent to the game- we are succeeding!I love watching Michael play. I love his passion, his intensity, his hustle, his grit, but most importantly his smile which peaks out every now and again after he knows he made a good play. Keep up the good work, buddy!
1 comment:
Hmmmm, sounds like Michael plays a lot like his mommy ;-)
Post a Comment