What a great week I just had! My middle sister, Gina came down for a long visit and it was awesome! There was no real agenda- just a lot of hanging out, shopping, and keeping up with the kid's schedules. In the past, Gina has tried to make it down to San Jose around my birthday. While my birthday isn't until the 14th- everyone that knows me knows that I don't mind having a 'birthday week'. So with Gina here and my birthday within range- let the party begin!
One of the things that Gina really wanted to do was to have a night where she could watch a movie with my kids. When we visit up there, she has them over to their apartment for what she calls, 'Hot Dog Theatre'. Okay- some background is necessary here. Sometimes we call Gina, Geen. That sickly morphed into Ween. Then we called her Weener. Then we called her Ween Dog. (Bear with me). When Michael was little, he thought we were calling her Hot Dog and since then- the name has stuck. Auntie Hot Dog, Hot Dog Theatre . . . you now get the gist! So in Washington, it is 'Hot Dog Theatre'. We were trying to come up with a name for our theatre in California and Michael suggested 'Corn Dog Theatre' which we thought rocked! Gina and the kids watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure and had a blast!
Other than that- we just hung out and enjoyed each other's company. We went to some of our favorite restaurants, went on daily walks, and she accompanied me on my carpool route and ran errands with me. Fun stuff! One day we had a pretty random but hilarious experience. See- we went to Target one morning to shop and ran into these pants. I mean, how couldn't you run into them? Gina immediately looked at me and said, 'We have to try these on and take a picture!' I told her no way- but obviously she found a way to get me in there! Okay, I ended up thinking it would be funny, too. Matthew was quite confused by what his mommy and auntie were doing. Gina wore a paint splattered Batman tshirt (can you believe that tshirt retails for $30?) and I wore a bejeweled Wonder Woman tshirt with mine. We had many laughs in there! It was a funny funny experience. She made me promise that I would post this picture on the blog so here you go! Don't be jealous of how good we look!I had a great time with Ween, as usual. Can't wait until she comes to visit again!
3 comments:
Those are some awesome pants! I need to get me some. They would be prefect for maturity!!!! HAHAHAHA
By the way, you make me laugh, I think we should possibly meet one another some day. :-)
I don't know what made me laugh more, the whole explanation of "Hot Dog" and the fact you called Gina ween and then weener or the freakin CRAZY GOLD SHINY pants and the fact that Matthew is a little worried that his mommy and auntie went crazy!!
Post a Comment