
What a birthday! It was a good one. Can I just say that I love my family? I love my family. It is the most important thing to me. My children, my husband, my parents, MY SISTERS, Damien's family. Family sustains me and I am so thankful to be surrounded by such incredible people. As a giant surprise to me- Damien flew down two of the most important people in my life- my parents. Is that the best birthday present or what? It was funny. We were in the car and I was really distracted and talking to my friend Karen on the phone. After being lost in conversation for a while- I realized we were taking the freeway exit for the airport and I had to hang up the phone and figure out what was going on! I was so incredibly happy and so were my kids! Nonna and Grandpa were here for the weekend!!!!

We came back to the house and relaxed for a while and just enjoyed one another. That night, Damien made reservations for our family, my parents, and most of Damien's family for dinner at Buca di Beppos. It is a great place for a big group of people to have fun without worrying if the kids are going to be too loud or messy. The food was really really good and it was nice for my parents to be able to get together with Damien's family as that does not happen very often. My kids had an absolute ball looking at all of the fun decorations and being spoiled by their aunties and uncles. We didn't have dessert there- but Matthew was beyond thrilled that he got to help Mommy blow out the candles on the candelabra. Michael and Claire helped too but they were preoccupied with their fourth refill on their Shirley Temples. Sugar high anyone?

When I think about it- Damien has surprised me and flown down someone from my family for the past several years. Being the pretty perceptive person that I am- I can't believe that I didn't even think about the fact that he might do it again this year! I love when I get to see my family. It really is the greatest gift of all for me. I turned a year older but I also grew even more thankful this year because of my loving husband who always knows what I need. After dinner, we all went back to my house for presents and my favorite cake (my Nana's famous yellow cake with whipped chocolate frosting). It was an amazing day and I am thankful for everyone who made me feel extra special and loved.
4 comments:
Wow. Not even a little shout out for a biological sister...
"I love my family. It is the most important thing to me. My children, my husband, my parents, Damien's family."
Slip of the thumb my dear Gina. Of course I love my sisters. And by the way, you got your own post Hot Dog. Gees.
Cute new background! Thanks for the sisterly shout out as Gina already called attention to. Where's the love? Only kidding, you look gorgeous in those pictures.
You have a great husband! What fun.
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment