We had BIG NEWS to share with the kids today. They opened a present we wrapped for them and found this paper in the package. It says, "Congratulations! You are going to have a new brother or sister!" Yes, it is true! We are expecting our fourth little baby this July! We are so excited and so thrilled to be able to share the wonderful news with the kids! Damien and I found out we were pregnant again on Halloween morning and we are really so happy and blessed to be having another child. I know that it will be quite a journey- but we are as ready as we will ever be!
When the kids read the paper, they didn't jump up and down. Instead, they stood looking at us in disbelief. Michael was the first to utter a few words. He said, 'Your kidding right?' We answered no. He then got a big smile on his face and said, 'Your pregnant!' It was really cute. Claire was beaming and came over to touch my tummy. Then she said that she really wants a sister! No pressure there! She then took the paper in the other room, circled sister and gave it back to me. She is hilarious! Matthew loved being in on the action. He jumped around with the other kids when they realized what was happening but he doesn't really get it. If you ask him where Mommy's baby is, he will point to my tummy. He will also come up to me and pull up my shirt saying, 'Baby'. We are so happy that after a long thirteen weeks of keeping this BIG secret from the kids- we could share it with them! I am currently thirteen weeks and feeling great to be out of the first trimester. So there you have it! The BIG news from the Swendsen house. Baby #4- we love you already!!!
(Here is the picture of the kids before they opened the gift.)

5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! that is very exciting. and what a fun way to break the news to the kids! :-)
Bummer...John beat me to it! I wanted to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm really excited for you! What fun after Christmas news.
i am crying. i am so prego.
I'm so excited for you guys! What fun for the kids to watch your belly grow, and really understand that they will have another sibling! I'm also excited to have a preggo buddy...I think we're only a week or 2 apart?
Fantastic news! Congratulations to the whole family!
Post a Comment