Thursday, December 18, 2008

Michael's Christmas Play

Having attended Catholic grammar school myself, I can remember the Christmas plays that we would put on. I remember the songs, I can remember being disappointed when I wasn't picked to be Mary, I can remember how excited we were for our parents to see what we had been working so hard on! I knew that St. Chris had a Christmas performance but last year was disappointed to learn that the Kindergarten class didn't participate in it. But now that Michael is in first grade- I looked forward to being able to work this into our Christmas season!

Michael's class portrayed the manger scene and Michael was supposed to wear a brown shirt because he was a donkey. The song they sang was so sweet. His part of the song went something like this, I am a donkey shaggy and brown. I carried his Mother up hill and down. I carried his Mother to Bethlehem town. I am a donkey shaggy and brown. It was so cute! Michael even located us from the altar of the church and gave us a little wave. Claire, Matthew, Damien and I had so much fun watching all the kids in their performing glory. I must admit, all their sweet little voices singing together bought tears to my eyes.

We were a little stressed getting to the church for the Christmas program because we had been packing all day long for Seattle and knew that after the show- we had to go home and leave for the airport. The Christmas program was just what we needed and I was proud of Michael and his enthusiasm for it! Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute - my little donkayyy is all grown up.

Anonymous said...

I love that song and it makes me teary when our Mikey sings it!

Love,

Nonna

Danielle said...

That is so darling! By the way, I never got picked to be Mary but my sister did and when she was, she actually dropped Baby Jesus!!! We all had a good laugh.