Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Chance Meeting

Technology is so amazing. Tonight, I met a friend that I have never met before. Sounds confusing but technology made it possible. Back in college- I was friends with a guy named John. I lost touch with him after college but caught up with him on SCU's alumni website and found out he had a blog. Funny enough- their family blog was what inspired me to create my own blog! Well, I have read their blog for about four years now. In those four years, I have read about his wife Sheelagh and followed her through three pregnancies. It wasn't until a year and a half ago that I started commenting on their posts. Up to that point, I read their blog but 'blog stalked' if you will. (For those of you that don't know what blog stalking is- it is when you read someones blog but you don't leave a comment.) Once I started commenting on her blog, we started to comment more frequently on each other's posts. It seemed like we had a lot in common and were going through a lot of the same things at the same time. Her second baby is a few months older than Matthew and her third is three months older than Emily so being pregnant with her and waiting for her to go into labor was so thrilling! We have supported each other over the past few years but had never even met!

Sheelagh emailed me a few weeks back and said she was going to be in San Jose and would love to meet! How awesome! I put it on my calendar and was really excited to go over to her sister's house for a Girl's Night Out! I was really curious what she was going to be like. When you read about someone for that long and look at tons of their pictures, you have this idea of what you think they might be like- but don't really know. Upon meeting her, she was exactly how I imagined her to be. Super friendly, so nice, and completely down to Earth. It wasn't awkward at all but instead comfortable because we have 'known' each other for so long! We had a great night. She was so happy to meet Emily and I was happy to meet Jonah and we just chatted the night away and enjoyed the face time. All the ladies at the party were so welcoming and so fun. I had such a great time and hope to meet her again someday. Until then, I will continue to let technology play it's role so I can watch her beautiful family continue to grow!

2 comments:

Sheelagh said...

Hey, it's me!I have yet to post this, but you said it s right...we were blog friends first! hehehe

kprince said...

OK, I've been blog stalking!! And what a great BLog you have. You're a great writer/storyteller and you have some VERY entertaining stories!!
Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL family!!
Take Care,
Kim (Hanson) Prince