
What an amazing trip we had to my parent's house. It was a long two weeks which I needed really badly. I needed to go back home, to reconnect, to remember how loved and supported I am, and to relax. I was so happy they all got to meet my new little Emily. She really is so sweet and such a great little baby.

We were always with great company which made for relaxing evenings and good conversation. One thing I couldn't get over was the beauty surrounding us. The gorgeous sunsets, the way the morning sun ticked the Olympic mountains off in the distance, the lakes, the greenery . . . it was all so beautiful.

One night, we left Emily with my parents and went downtown Kirkland for some dinner. It was nice to just focus on the older three without worrying about burp cloths and miscellaneous baby paraphernalia. We chose this cute little burger joint on the lake and then walked down to the beach afterwards to feed the ducks. This seemingly insignificant evening provided me with the most gorgeous picture of my little boy. Boats on the water, sun setting in the background, people out on the town to enjoy the summer night. You can't just happen upon this beauty in many cities but Kirkland is definitely one of them.

My children really enjoyed playing with their cousin, Kyle. He has grown so much over the last eight months. Such a big happy boy these days. Matthew and Kyle followed each other around, explored the many square feet of my parents house, tried valiantly to share toys, and just had a blast together. Michael and Claire noticed how much he had changed and thought it was pretty cool. I mentioned this before but Kyle was so sweet to Emily. It just melted my heart.

After fifteen days with my family, it was time to go. Life was waiting for me back in San Jose. School is on the horizon, soccer is bracing to start, and I needed to get organized (i.e. school supplies, school uniforms, new soccer gear for the kids). We had an incredible trip up north and I am already looking forward to coming up again. I am so thankful for the tremendous amount of support I got while at my family's house. I am still trying to figure out how to juggle my four kids but my family took some of the pressure off and let me breathe a little. I love you all!
1 comment:
Both your mom and Gina look so good! I completely agree that the WA. area where your family is is so beautiful. I kept thinking that England was like Washington- rain and all but I think Wash. is much better because you actually get warm summers too. It is nice in California because the weather is not so much an issue like it is in place like W. But there is something to be said for REAL seasons. You will have to have some type of event up there so we have a good excuse to visit again! =-)
Post a Comment