Sunday, September 13, 2009

Great Grandpa & Grandma Swendsen

We had the fortunate opportunity this morning of celebrating Damien's grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary. What an amazing accomplishment!! Sixty years of marriage and still going strong! I can only hope and pray that I will be able to share that with Damien many years down the road. And I thought ten years was a big deal!

Bright and early we ventured north to San Francisco to the Palace Hotel where we met Damien's parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews to celebrate his grandparents momentous milestone. I am not sure if any of you have been to the Palace Hotel but the main reception room is to die for. Think Daddy Warbucks house in the movie Annie. (At least that it what it reminds me of!) So much breath taking opulence! Everywhere you turn, there is something so beautiful and grand. I just love it there. Damien's family hosted one of my bridal showers in this room so it holds a little special place in my heart.

I was so happy to have the opportunity to show it to my kids. Michael and Claire couldn't believe it!! Before long, we were having a brainstorming session about what we would do if this were our house. We realized it was so big we could make it our own personal world of convenience! Michael said he would put a McDonald's in the corner, Claire wanted a 7-11 for unlimited slurpee access, and I suggested my own personal Starbucks. Can you tell we like food? The brunch was buffet style and was hands down the best buffet I have ever been to in my life! For years, Damien and I have said the best buffet was at the Four Seasons in Maui (where we honeymooned) but this trumped it! Anything you could possibly think of for breakfast/lunch was there and it was all delicious! A big thank you to Mark and Marlene who hosted us all for this event. It was so much fun and something I know my kids will never forget. We might actually make a yearly family ritual out of it!

Great Grandma and Grandpa were so tickled by the love and support they felt on their special day. Most of the grandkids were there to share in their big day and they loved being surrounded by them! The meeting was even more memorable and special because they met Emily for the first time! Grandma couldn't get enough of her. She just held and kissed her over and over while Grandpa looked on and delicately stroked her little head. It was very sweet. Emily has now met all of her great grandparents and is a very lucky girl! What a morning it was in the Palace Hotel. I think we all felt pretty blessed to have witnessed the sixty year anniversary of Grandma and Grandpa.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a special occassion! Lisa, you look FANTASTIC!!