Monday, September 21, 2009

St. Matthew's Day

Between our trip to Disneyland and the start of school, Saint Matthew's day snuck up on us! However, we pulled it together and gave Matthew a day full of fun! This was the first year he understood that the day was all about him. Of course we tried to connect it to religion too, but at his age- it was all about the cake, blowing out the candle, and the gift from Grandpa!!

Matthew is becoming quite the fan of the idea of his birthday. Saint Matthew's Day took that same honor and Matthew told everyone he could that it was his special day! Grandpa spoiled Matthew this year and got him a new soccer goal and a bowling set. How lucky is this kiddo? He has a Grandpa who loves him so incredibly much. I just love that my Dad does this for my children. It doesn't hurt either that I love my Dad so much, too. We've always had a special relationship and it just makes me so happy that he is connecting in the same way with my own kids. Matthew is still talking about Saint Matthew's Day. The other day he did a somersault and I asked him where he learned to do that and he answered, "At my Saint Matthew's Day party!" What a kid! Happy Saint Matthew's Day, Matthew!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love that your Dad has this tradition with your kids. What a great Grandpa!