Okay, so everyone knows that Matthew wants to be a bigger kid than he already is. Michael and Claire represent pure coolness to him and that is why he emulates so much of what they do! If they do it- he will try and do it. I am convinced that is why he potty trained himself so early! I also think it is why his language is so advanced and his sense of humor is so darn funny! Well- he has been having a little bit of a hard time with his bigger siblings playing sports. He wants to play so bad but is still just a little too little. If Matthew were my only child- he would be playing some kind of silly sport right now (sad, but true). But because my practice and game schedule is so busy right now- he'll have to wait a little bit to play on a team! When it is time for Michael and Claire to go to soccer practice- Matthew frantically searches for his soccer ball and proclaims, "I have to go to my practice, too!" He even calls these Nike sneakers my Mom bought him 'his soccer shoes'. He just wants to be like them so bad! We take him to their practices a lot and he will tell me, "Bye, Mom. I have soccer practice!" It is so hilarious!

Well, we took Michael and Claire out to lunch after their soccer tournament and once we had finished eating, we decided to take a few pictures of them with their trophies and medals. Once I had snapped a few different shots, he came over and said, 'Take a picture of me, too Mom!"- and so I did. Then he thought to himself and said, "Take a picture of my back." I had no idea why he wanted me to do this so I asked him. "Take a picture of my back like you take of Michael and Claire!" he told me matter of factly. OH MY GOSH! This kids is unbelieveable! He will not be denied anything that Michael and Claire have or do. So- I proceeded to take a picture of . . . his back. We were cracking up so bad at the restaurant. My parents were still with us and it was just hilarious to all of us! I had to post about this because it is these kinds of little silly stories that I don't want to forget and the fact that I have the pictures to document it- makes it even better!
2 comments:
I absolutely love that kid.
I LOVE him!
Post a Comment