
Today is the last full day of school for Michael and Claire (they have two half days left). While I am anxious for summer, I am sad that my alone time with Matthew and Emily is going away. I do enjoy the quiet mornings where the three of us hang out and enjoy the peace of the morning. I get to sit and watch Emily crawl around and explore the house while Matthew plays with his toys and isn't threatened by Michael or Claire taking his stuff! Now that I have two school aged children- I totally understand how absolutely precious this time is with my two littlest babies. I know to cherish, enjoy, savor, and breathe it all in.

Damien didn't have a lot of meetings today so I asked him if he wanted to take Matthew and Emily to the farm. I was so happy he could go! We loaded them into the car and I think we were both looking forward to spending some time bonding with them. Matthew starts preschool in the Fall so these school-less mornings will soon be a think of the past. I can't believe how fast these kids are growing! To think that next year I will be home alone with Emily two mornings a week is just crazy! We arrived at the adorable farm and Matthew and Emily were going crazy! Ducks, geese, chickens, roosters, and other birds roamed the property freely. You get to experience a special kind of closeness with these animals that you can't experience in any kind of zoo or other habitat for animals. And the best part? It's free!

At the farm are birds/chickens/geese, cows, goats, sheep, pigs, bunnies, and some horses. There weren't a lot of people there so we could really take our time and explore. Emily loved touring the area where the birds lived. Matthew turned into Mr. Cool Guy and made his fingers into the 'rock on' sign. He was looking at the three toes on the chicken's feet and made that sign with his hands thinking it would make the chickens come to him! Hilarious! We headed into the barn area and Emily was immediately freaked out by the
mooing of the cows. Poor baby. She was practically clawing Damien with fright! She didn't mind the pigs until they snorted. Basically, the whole barn experience was a little overwhelming for her but she did a pretty good job overcoming her little fears. Matthew saw a woman walking a cow and insisted he get his picture taken with it. By the time the woman had set the cow up to take the picture, Matthew decided he wanted to go on the play structure. I told him that he had to take a picture with the cow first and then we could play. Clearly, by the look on his face in this picture, he wasn't too pleased. I didn't care that he was pouting at all. We thought it was so funny and knew that it would make a great picture. I will have to think of a funny caption for this one!

Although it was a fairly quick trip to the farm, it was wonderful to give all our attention to these two beautiful babies. Soon, they will be running (and crawling) amongst their siblings who will be released from structure for three long months! Life sure is good and I am glad we took a little time out of our busy life to enjoy our time with them to the fullest. Matthew and Emily loved being at the farm, they got a kick out of each other (Matthew laughed at Emily when the cow scared her), Emily loved seeing Matthew play on the toys and slide down the slide, and it was nice to have Daddy with us for this fun little adventure. Life is short. You have to live it up. I am proud to report . . . we did!
1 comment:
seriously? Matthew by the 'do not feed the animals' sign? adorable. please send him on a plane to stay with me for a month. I'll pay for the flight.
Post a Comment