Claire has been telling me lately that she wants to get her hair cut short. I love that she has a feeling about how she wants to look and and is ready to try something new. I love long hair. I like it on me, and I like it on Claire. However, after inspecting her hair- it really is too long. It doesn't have to be that long, just longish. All of my sisters and I had long hair growing up. In fact, we still all have long hair. Years back- some of us tried shorter cuts but we all have hair below our shoulders. Claire just wanted to have her hair cut below her shoulders and it was ridiculous not to try it!
The night before her birthday, Claire and I went out to get the much anticipated cut! She was so giddy and I was happy for her to be getting something she dreamed up. When the hair dresser told me that she was going to cut off five inches I couldn't believe it! Claire did not need all that hair and as it slowly came off, I saw her beautiful face peek out from all the hair that was hiding it before! As the woman cut her hair, the smile on Claire's face was unbelieveable. She felt beautiful. She felt different. She loved it. I am a sap. No way around this. But to see my daughter feeling beautiful was something I can't describe. We all want our children to be confident and feel good about themselves. To see Claire feel this way moved me beyond words. I am so happy she loves her new haircut. I think it is a great way to start year number nine!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She looks ADORABLE!
i L-0-V-E it!!!
Post a Comment