We really had a wonderful time up here in Kirkland. I love my family so much and feel so comfortable and at ease when I am at my parent's house. I love the help I have with my kids, the occasional trip to get coffee with my Mom, impromptu walks with my sisters and Mom in the brisk weather, putting my feet up at night and laughing in front of the fire while telling/re-telling stories of our childhood, and always waking up to a full pot of coffee (thanks, Dad)! I just mentioned coffee twice so I guess that means I need to slow down on the coffee or get more sleep. Looking at the sleep forecast ahead of me- bring on the coffee.
The weather this trip was gorgeous! I just love waking up, coming upstairs and seeing Lake Washington out of my parents' picture window. And to top it off, look at the snow on the Olympic Mountains? So beautiful!
We really packed a lot of little fun events into this trip. We met up with my Grandmas, we went to Snowflake Lane in downtown Bellevue, made Christmas cookies (ate them, too), we went Christmas shopping a few times, the three youngest cousins took numerous baths (thanks Jill and Nat), we attended a BIG family Christmas party, went went on walks, went out to lunch at Acropolis (a major favorite of mine) and Damien and I actually got to go shopping and then out on a dinner date! All of this was in between amazing quality family time that satiates me to the fullest!
We had a gift exchange between my family and my immediate family and everyone was so spoiled! My Mom and Dad got all of the kids complete outfits (shoes, pants, shirts, and for the girls . . . hair accessories) and other gifts while my sisters spoiled us as well! A special thank you to my sister Jill who got all four of my kids 4 foot Nerf swords. Not only did I get to introduce these four swords to the other ten swords in my house- but I got to bring them home on the plane to boot! Jill always gets them something that pushes the boundaries. We won't even talk about the time she got Michael and Claire three foot tall candy canes! Can't wait to brainstorm what to get Kyle next year:)
I love all of you and wish you a very Merry Christmas. Can't wait to spend it in Kirkland next year!
(This picture is classic. Laura got Damien a 5x7 picture frame and wanted to take a picture with him and develop it so she could put it in there. When we had our Christmas exchange- Damien opened up this picture! LOVE IT! Good Job Laura!)
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful synopsis of a memorable Christmas visit. Pictures are amazing.
Love you,
Mom
i can't believe that is the view from your parent's house! amazing! can you tell your mom to put us on the houseguest list?
and that picture is super sweet.
Post a Comment