Emily sees everything. EVERYTHING! If you do something, she sees it. If you eat something, she smells it. If you even think of doing something, she's onto you! Emily is a very observant little lady! Well, throughout the Christmas season she watched me send out a gazillion Christmas cards. Apparently, she wanted to do that, too.
The problem was, she did it when I wasn't watching. (By the way, what was I doing?) Today, she came to me wearing a jacket and boots and was holding what looked like fifteen sealed envelopes. "Oh, wow Emily! What do you have there?" I asked her. "My Christmas cards," she answered with a smile. She was so proud of herself. "And what do you want to do with those cards, Em?" I asked hesitantly. "We're going to go mail them now," she said confidently.
With a face like that and a handful of 'Christmas cards' that must have taken a long time for Emily to complete, I got ready and we headed to the mailbox. Once we got to the mailbox, she opened the door and mailed each and every one individually. Nope. Not one of them had a stamp on it. Not one had an address. Just envelopes with some scribbles with the occasional variations of the letters E,M,I,L,Y.
Dear USPS,
I am sorry that you had to sort through your mail today and weed out these fifteen letters. I know you guys are crazy busy with the holiday mail and know that these envelopes probably took a minute out of your already busy day. Just know that mailing these blank envelopes made a little three year old's day today. She thought she was sending one to Santa, one to the King Mouse, and one to all her family members.
In Complete Gratitude,
Emily's Mom
Monday, January 07, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment