Monday, March 25, 2013

Claire's Style

I love my kids.  I am happiest when they are happy.  I love when they express themselves free of judgement and when they just enjoy being kids!  All of this being said, I am totally digging Claire's Steve Erkel style these days.  Claire is as confident as can be.  She often wears red sunglasses without lenses around town.  Just because.  She is totally okay with setting a trend, instead of following one.  While a lot of the girls in her class are completely conforming to certain style trends (lululemon headbands, abercrombie, etc.), Claire is fine wearing what she thinks is cool.  There are times she will wear the above mentioned trendy items, but she is not defined be them.  I love that about her.

What I am loving around here is that the little kids are totally following Claire's lead!  Matthew idolizes Claire to no end.  Fitting, as Damien and I call them the twins around here.  They are so ridiculously similar!  I really do hope that Claire continues to do/be/wear what she wants.  I know that soon, it gets tough out there in the 'preteen girl world' but I hope she sees that there is acceptance and acknowledgement that comes from being yourself.  Go Claire, Go!

(Disclaimer:  The above picture of Claire is funny.  She, however, does not wear her shorts hiked up and shirt tucked in while in public.  Although, this might be a possibility in the near future.  She also does not wear my navy wedges to school.  Thank you.)

No comments: