Today, my girls and I drove up to San Francisco to have brunch with my college friend Kristine, her daughter Ella, and Lani, Megan and Catie! Emily has been a complete chatterbox about it all week and I was so thrilled the the day had finally arrived so I could stop hearing about it- and just do it! My girls love their girlie cousins. This was going to be fun!
We went to a cute little breakfast bistro and for the most part, the kids were well behaved. While the food was delicious, the speed of the meal was super slow. This would have been great if I was just with girlfriends but we had five little girls who did great until it had been nearly an hour and still no food! It took a long time to order, then we got appetizers, and then waited a long time for food. Luckily, I came armed with the completely impractical but delicious bunny face lollipops. Obviously, this wasn't my first rodeo!
It was great to catch up with everyone and to see how life has been over the past several years. I keep in almost daily contact with Lani but we don't get to see Kristine often so it was nice. After breakfast, we let the girls run around outside and they had the best time together. I truly wish they lived closer. Megan and Catie are very special girls to us!
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment