I don't mind all the work because being with my family and friends is awesome. On top of all the setup, we needed to get the skit in order. Every year, we come up with some hysterical skit. The pressure is high, but the reward is so great! This year, the theme of the skit was Natalie's wedding. The funny part is that she gets left at the altar on the day of her wedding. Well, funny for a skit anyway. She starts singing the song, That's Life and then my sisters and I do some background singing and lots of dancing. Classic Sacco Girl stuff.
At the end of the skit, my Dad (Cicci) says to the crowd, "I prepaid for the food, the decorations and the band. Now what am I gonna do?" Then my sister Laura says, "Hit it boys!" You Suck, our awesome band, started playing music for over an hour to end the night. Everyone was on their feet dancing and having a fantastic time. Oh, man. It was a good time!!!
Our goal with St. Joseph's Day this year was to raise as much money for St. Joseph's Church of Malawi, Africa as possible. Each year, we improve on the last event and we hoped the same would happen this year. We packed the house and I can honestly say, there wasn't an empty seat in the place!
Great food, amazing community, wonderful entertainment, and so much more. This event is so much fun to be a part of and it makes me extremely proud to be a Sacco. Happy St. Joseph's Day to my Michael and to all of the Joseph's out there!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment