So here's the latest and greatest. We had a bit of a change this week as my cervical length shunk an entire centimeter in just one week. Last week I was 4.1 cm and this week I was 3.1 cm. I had a hunch that things would kind of go this way but I was also holding out hope that maybe I would be able to carry this baby longer before having to go on bedrest. This doesn't mean that this next Tuesday I will shorten to 2.5 cm but I am definitely preparing for it. If on Tuesday I am told that I need to go on bedrest- the timing would be the exact as with Matthew's pregnancy. But we will see! You never know and I would love to be surprised with another week of mobility.
The great news is that the baby looked fantastic and let us see it's face again. He/she is still head down and I hope it stays that way just for peace of mind. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I passed the three hour glucose screen which was a HUGE relief. I didn't need to deal with that, too! My next appointment is Tuesday and I will be taking the FFN test again to see if labor is on the way within the next two weeks. I am hoping to bring the two older kids next week because they are on spring break and they haven't had the chance to see the baby on ultrasound yet. We'll see! So plain and simply, things are still good and at this point in the pregnancy- every day makes a huge difference so I am just trying to push ahead one day at a time.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Lisa, you have such a good outlook and you help me keep things in perspective throughout the beginning stages of my pregnancy. I'm so glad your glucose test came back all right. Keep up your positive thinking and I'm keeping you in my thoughts/prayers!!
Yes, you just keep pushing forward (not literally!) like you're doing...you are awesome. What an amazing attitude you have!
Good Luck Lisa! I'm glad to hear about the glucose test though. I'm sure it's nice not to have one more thing to worry about!
And yes, keep that positive attitude! You Rock!
Post a Comment