
I am going to cut right to the chase. I AM NOT ON
BEDREST!!! Okay, I feel better now. I had to shout out this fantastic news in the hope that I actually digest it. I feel so strange today. This fabulous turn of events wasn't in the plan! I go through a little process to get ready for my appointments. I try and prepare myself with my real expectations while letting in just the right amount of hope that things might be better than we could have ever imagined. This week, with Gina and my Mom in tow- we went to my appointment ready to see if
bedrest time had come. As she measured my cervix- I watched the measurement in the corner of the ultrasound screen grow past 2.5 cm (which is where I was expecting it to stop) and go right up to 3.0 cm. Damien and I looked at each other in disbelief as we watched my doctor retake the measurement to make sure it was correct. Even my doctor was surprised and said that she wasn't going to try and figure out why it was long this week- instead she told me to go with it and enjoy another week on my feet.

It was awesome to have my family with me at this appointment to share in the excitement and to see me so happy. This was the first time Gina had ever seen an ultrasound of a baby so that was pretty cool. The doctor measured the baby's weight this week and my chubby little baby weighed in at 3.5 lbs already! I am finally getting to the point in the pregnancy where I am truly happy. With every week- I am getting closer to the birth of a healthy baby which has been my goal since I found out I was pregnant October. I am worrying less and just trying to prepare for the arrival of a baby I have worked so hard to grow big and strong. Seven weeks to go (not that I am counting) until I get the
cerclage taken out and wait hours or days for this little one to join us. Let the fun begin!
5 comments:
YEAH! That is the greatest news! That side-view picture of you with the kids is priceless. I love it!
You should be 30 weeks now, right? Aren't we due around the same time? Keep up your amazing attitude...this baby is going to stay cooking for at least 6 more weeks!
OK, that first picture is BY FAR one of the best pictures I have ever seen. It made me think back to the time that you and Jules stayed at Christine and my place over Christmas break and you and I dressed like pregnant ladies and went to the movies. I have to find that picture and scan it just for fun. Congratulations, I am so happy for you, keep up the good work!
I think having family around can really work magic. I had my mom and Angie around right before I found out I was preg with Brennan and then Angie and my dad were with us up in the cabin when we found out we were pregnant with Gabe. You will have to tell you mom and Gina that they just can't go home till this little one shows up! =-) SO happy for you!!!
P.S.- AZ shutterbug is me Joce, writing under my dad's log-in- oops! =-)
That is by far THE coolest prego family shot ever!!!! I might have to replicate it if we go for 4! You guys are so cute!
And congrats!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. Looks like baby #4 is already going with the flow...I hope he/she keeps it up. ;-)
Actually, praises to you mama! Good work. Your body is so strong. I'm constantly thinking of you and am excited for each new development! Keep up the good work and positive attitude. You are amazing!
Post a Comment