This week was a really calm week in general but I cannot begin to tell you about how much silly anxiety I had! Knowing full well that this week I went on bedrest with Matthew, I was nervous for my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Not only was I prepping for the news that I needed bedrest- I was also a little uncomfortable that I had to see a different doctor than my own. My doctor deserves a vacation! She works so much but the timing of her trip was less than optimal for me. I was worried that the different doctor would measure my cervix differently than my doctor and that I might have to go on bedrest because of a mismeasurement. Remember- we are measuring tenths of a centimeter here! Lucky for me, my appointment got cancelled two days in a row (if you can believe it) and I was able to reschedule an appointment on Thursday with my doctor who was back from vacation. Woohoo! My appointment went amazingly well. My cervix measured 3.1 cm which means another week of freedom for me! I couldn't be happier especially since this is uncharted 'mobile' territory for me.
Today at my appointment I took the Ffn test again. Last time I took it- it took nearly four days to get the results because we went through the lab in the office. When you are worried about going into labor and take a test that can predict labor within two weeks- it is silly to just wait for four days to get the results! If it did come back positive- I would need to get treated immediately and take action. In order to avoid the four day wait for results- we brought the sample to Good Samaritan Hospital (where I will deliver #4). It was a really busy day in our house so only Matthew and I were available to take it to the hospital. It really was no problem. I was at ease knowing that very soon I would get my results instead of waiting nervously for four days. The next morning I got a call from my doctor's office and got the news I was hoping for! The Ffn test came back negative again. This means I most definitely won't go into labor until 30.5 weeks. It is a great relief and just one more positive piece to this long and intricate puzzle.I couldn't help but look at Matthew tonight in the hospital and think that this might be the last time I am just with him in the hospital. Perhaps the next time I am with him here- he will have a new sister or brother! You know- in the beginning stages of pregnancy it feels so surreal to be pregnant. This last trimester has a sobering way of reminding you that you really are going to have another baby! Up to this point- I have focused a lot on getting through my pregnancy and now I am transitioning into realizing that another sweet baby will be entering my life very soon. I am so happy to have had another good week and just hope that the week ahead holds much of the same!
3 comments:
Congratulations!! What great news - staying home on Easter paid off! Hang in there, I can't believe the new little Swendsen is almost here!
Congrats, Lis! You made it. Happy 29 weeks today. You're inching closer and closer! So happy for you.
Hi Lis - its been too long since I have read and made a commet! So glad things are going so well! I haven't touched my Blog in forever, obviously...going to attempt my first 1/2 next month, maybe that will get me motivated to Blog again. Enjoy your sunshine, so jealous! I can't remember my blog id/pswd, so I will publish this anonymous!
Amy
Post a Comment