
I am still adjusting to life after Jamaica. My Mom and Natalie left yesterday and we are home alone with the kids for the first time since our relaxing trip. I swear- we have to learn the whole multitasking thing again! Jumping back into this lifestyle is not easy so it is nice we have a big game on today to distract us all.

I let Damien sleep in this morning and in the early morning hours, I kept the kids busy by making posters for the Superbowl! I told them they needed to choose a team to root for. Either cheer for the Saints or the Colts. I got them paper to make their posters so they could cheer for their team during the Superbowl! Michael, Claire, Damien and I all picked the Saints and Matthew picked the Colts. Gotta love the underdog in this game! Matthew was really happy he was the only one cheering on the Colts. God love him!

The game was really exciting! We ate Chuck University Chicken, sipped on some Coke, had chips and guacamole and just relaxed (a very different kind of relaxing than in Jamaica). We were all cheering for our team when I happened to look over at Michael's sign and it read; "GO SANTS!" I thought that I shouldn't say anything about his spelling error 1) because I thought it was cute and I didn't want him to change it and 2) because at this point, it wouldn't help things. However, Claire noticed and then went crazy with his error. She even went in the other room and made a 'Go Sants" poster, too. Luckily, Michael had a sense of humor about it so it kind of became a funny joke!

Michael decided to sell origami during the game, put up a poster on the wall and held his hat out like a beggar on the street. I was suckered into buying 4 separate origami and I don't know how many Damien bought. At 25 cents a pop- Michael made some cash (for folding paper and selling it)! All in all- we had a great day. Damien and I are still exhausted but we are slowly falling back into our circus-like routine. And by the way- congrats SANTS!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment