
It's been a few days since Claire had her surgery. I must admit- the recovery wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It could be that the horror recovery stories I've heard are from people that exaggerated a bit or maybe Claire is just a
Rock Star Patient! I'd like to think it had everything to do with Claire. Once we left the hospital, she was much happier. Still in pain, but happy to be rid of the IV, dim lights, and that overall sick feeling in her stomach. Jocelyn had come and picked up Michael and Matthew earlier in the day and brought them to her house and Ali and Heather had taken care of Emily all morning. It was nice to have a quiet house to take care of Claire and worry only about her needs as opposed to the needs of all four kids. She was awesome. Her brothers had each purchased her a new DVD so she had movies to watch and so many people sent her fun games, books, and projects to keep her occupied. She
cozied up on the couch and just relaxed.

Claire followed the doctors orders regarding clear liquids on day #1 and soft items on day #2 but she was really getting hungry. I had made meatloaf and couldn't help but sneak her a few bites. She was so happy I shared! We managed her pain with both Tylenol and Tylenol with
Codeine. She took the
codeine the first two days but then refused it. I am not kidding when I say she was a perfect patient (and a tough one, too)! We will have a 2 week follow-up with her
ENT to make sure everything is healing well but as of today, she is doing great. Thank you to all our friends and family for the phone calls, treats for Claire, and the prayers. We love you all and couldn't have done it without your help!
1 comment:
Phew! Glad that's over. Great job Claire!
Post a Comment