Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Emily Is Walking!

Before Emily took her first step, I thought to myself, 'There is no way that tiny little human being is going to stand upright and walk.' I just didn't think it was possible! She's just too small to walk! I remember thinking this before my other kids walked. It is such a HUGE developmental milestone to walk. The difference between crawling and walking is so big! When a baby crawls, it reminds you constantly that they are a baby. But when your baby walks, he/she is doing something that you do, too! You don't see many adults crawling around but you do see them walking. Learning to walk puts you in the 'non-baby' club and I just can't believe Emily joined us.

She started to stand up independently a long time ago. She has been cruising the furniture for a few months so we knew walking was on it's way. Plus, she wants to be just like her big sister and brothers so I knew she wouldn't take long! She took her first step on May 24th . . . to her Daddy. Damien, Emily and I were in our bedroom and I stood her up and told her to walk to Daddy. Sure enough- she threw one of her chubby legs forward and walked! And it took off from there! Soon she was linking step after step and before we flew up to Washington- her step record was seven. Then she walked seventeen steps for her Grandpa as part of her birthday present for him. Since then, she has been off to the races and I am exhausted trying to keep her safe! I can't even get a step count because she links so many steps together now. Walking, walking, walking and trying to run, too. She doesn't fall much but when she does- she usually just shakes it off and acts like nothing happened! She is definitely a tough little girl! Emily is now a mover and a shaker and I am a lot busier. Let the chasing commence!

1 comment:

hdgina said...

How cute are her outfits in this post??!!! Love you emmy... Please don't get any older. It's going to break my heart. Or... Lisa. Maybe I'll switch to Dad's camp. numero cinco!