
We got home from San Diego and had just over twenty-four hours to wash all of the clothes and pack for a two week trip to Washington. Saying that it was nothing short of insane would be a lie! Damien's parents came down to help us for the day and by seven o'clock the next morning- we were in a cab headed for the San Jose airport. We landed in Seattle safely and got ready to transition once again but this time it would just be me and Damien transitioning for a kid-free four day trip to Vegas! My Mom had agreed to watch the kids so we could get away and celebrate our eleven year anniversary together! Done and done.

We landed in Vegas around nine at night after a delay at the Seattle airport. I sat next to a very (overly) talkative man named Tony who told me stories about how he had worked with the mafia and been a bouncer in Vegas. Here Damien and I were trying to have a nice flight and this guy wouldn't leave us alone! We did find it comical and managed to watch
The Hangover on the two hour flight despite his interruptions)! When we checked in at Caesar's Palace, we made friends with the woman at the front desk and she gave us an upgrade and a $75 dining voucher at the hotel! Not a bad way to start the trip! The temperature at 11:00 p.m. was 105 degrees. It was going to be a
scorcher!

We had no plans in Vegas except to do as we pleased and have a great time! We ate at great restaurants, we walked through all the different casinos, we relaxed poolside, we gambled a little bit (think nickel slots and the
occasional red/black on the roulette table), we people watched, we shopped, relaxed, danced and just had so much fun hanging out with one another. I love Damien when we are around the kids but when we are alone, I see a different side of him. I see the free spirited, hilarious, and fun guy I fell in love with (not that he's not like that with the kids- but you catch my drift). I am so happy we make time to get away. It's so good for us!
On our last night, our anniversary, we saw the show
Beatles Love. We absolutely loved it. I especially loved when they played
Blackbird and
Something. Afterwards, we dined at Bobby
Flay's restaurant
Mesa Grill which was OUTSTANDING! The next morning we left and were ready to get back to the kids. However, if you asked us today if we would go back right now to Vegas- the answer would be a resounding YES!!!! I am so glad I got to get away with my best friend. Until next time . . . because there will be a next time!
2 comments:
love the dress w/ the belt. you guys look great. i wish we were there!
without our kids too, of course.
Post a Comment