Sunday, October 24, 2010
Claire's Community Helper
Just a quick post to document Claire's first oral presentation at school! The assignment was to pick someone who is an active community helper, interview them, make a poster board, and then give a three to five minute oral presentation to the class. After much thought, Claire decided to report on my Mom. Recently, my Mom decided to go back to work after a few years off. My Mom had worked in the Bellevue School District for around fifteen years before she decided to take a break for a while. This summer, she decided she was ready to go back into the workforce and is now the school secretary at Peter Kirk Elementary. The timing couldn't have been better for Claire's report. Claire had a great time interviewing her Nonna and making her poster! Nonna even brought down her Peter Kirk Elementary sweatshirt so Claire could wear it on her presentation day! I know that Claire was nervous to give her first speech, but I know that it calmed her down a lot to tell her friends about her Nonna. The last sentence in her speech was both adorable and true. She said, "I only wish I was one of the students in her school!" Thanks Nonna for helping Claire out and GOOD JOB Claire for completing your first big assignment in 2nd grade!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment