Keeping with tradition, we had another fun Great Pumpkin Night. Just to refresh your memory, each year I have Damien distract the kids while I gather all the blankets and pillows in the house and set them up in the family room. I bake pumpkin sugar cookies, make hot chocolate, and turn all the lights off except for the string of orange Halloween lights. I have the movie cued and can't wait to surprise the kids with this special night!
This year, Gina was with us so it was super easy to distract them. I told them I needed them to go in the family room to help match socks and when they opened the door- they knew immediately what was happening! Claire and Michael started screaming and Matthew just went along with them! I love that such a simple gesture can make them so happy!
We all snuggled into a viewing of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and it was so great. For the most part, Emily watched most of the 22 minute episode (it is so short without commercials). After a few cookies and more hot chocolate than they probably should of had- we were done. The kids were sad to have this little shindig over. They look forward to it every year and it is hard for them to know they need to be patient for another year now!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment