Look who let Emily put on eye shadow? It was my parent's last day in San Jose and we were getting ready for Mass. Nonna was doing her makeup at the counter and she gave Emily a eyeshadow brush and some eyeshadow. While Nonna continued to get ready- so did Emily! It was hilarious when we finally looked over and saw her masterpiece!
Emily knows no bounds and we have learned whether we give her things to get in trouble with or not- she will find a way to get a laugh by getting in trouble. I am biting my cheeks constantly and trying not to laugh at her antics! We went to Mass (after scrubbing off 80% of the said eyeshadow) and then went to get some lunch before my parents had to leave.
Lunch was really great. All the kids held out without melting down and we had a really nice time. Gina was with us so it just added to the fun! We all came home and played Rock Band for hours. It is really addicting- especially for a musical family! Beatles Rock Band is especially fun. Hearing Matthew sing Yellow Submarine always puts me over the edge. Too cute!
We had a great weekend. What a great treat to be able see my parents for a short but amazing time. I really miss them so trips like these are priceless. I hope this San Francisco trip was better than their past trips. I guess having their flight cancelled and driving through a snow storm to Reno leaves room for improvement on their next trip right?
Yay for lazy Sundays where we can all hang out as a family. I thank God for my parents and the amazing example they set for me as I grew up. I integrate so much of what they did into my everyday life. My Mom is Supermom and has shown me that she can get through everything no matter the circumstances! She is so talented and has an abundance of love for those around her. My Dad, has been such an amazing influence on my life, too. He was so involved and put so much into making his kids happy! I have so many amazing memories with my Dad. I am a lucky girl to have my Mom and Dad. Love you guys!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was an amazing weekend!!! and... emmy's looks like you with a little make up on.
We treasure our time with you, Damien and our amazing grandchildren. It was short, but sweet. Thank God, or I would have gotten into more trouble! :>)
Love you, Nonna Mom
Such a sweet post. The Swendsen's and Sacco's are very lucky.
Post a Comment