You don't have to twist our arms to get us to go to events at Santa Clara University. Both Damien and I love it there and really feel like we're part of a bigger family at these events. Over the years, we have met a lot of people who we continually get to see at various University events. The Pasta Feed is an awesome event. For each ticket- you get to go to an all-you-can-eat dinner in the Malley Center and also get a ticket to the Men's Basketball game which always follows the dinner.
This year, Michael wasn't able to join us. He was invited to his friend's birthday party so we had an extra kid-priced ticket. Claire called her friend Lauren and she was able to join us for one super fun night! My kids really love this event. There is face painting, free basketballs, fun contests, complimentary SCU tshirts and other paraphernalia. What is not to love! The food is usually pretty good and the kids love that they get to have whatever they want! Another highlight is that the SCU band and cheerleaders come which is always a hit with the kids. While the band was warming up on a side court, they played the Star Wars theme song which Matthew just couldn't believe! Matthew's jaw was dropped in pure amazement. It was a classic moment.
Emily and Matthew had such a great time. It was hard to keep track of them but they just loved it! Lucky for us, Uncle Keith was able to join us and helped keep tabs on everyone. We were even able to eat dinner with Fr. At which truly was a treat!
Thankfully when Bucky the Bronco came out- Emily got a little scared so she let us hold her for about twenty minutes or so. This enabled us to actually eat our dinner and relax for a bit! I pondered offering Bucky fifty bucks to just stand right next to our table in the hopes that Emily might just stay put!
After we finished dinner, we all went to the Men's game where we got more free tshirts (I love freebies) and watched the game for about thirty minutes. I left Damien at the game with Keith and Fr. Art and took Claire's friend home so I could make it to the end of Michael's birthday party and pick him up on time.
Life certainly can get crazy around here with six different schedules but I wouldn't change it for the world. Although the night was packed- I was happy we made it all happen so we could experience this awesome night!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment