Matthew is a lifesaver. He has made my life so easy, so manageable, so wonderful. Since the moment he was born- he has been easy. The only real challenge I have faced with him was his fitful sleeping from birth until two years old. However, I can't blame that all on him as my poor sleep training and continuous sleep spoiling didn't help matters. He is just a go with the flow type of kid.
Matthew has a hot/cold feeling toward school. Usually cold when I drop him off, and a tepid warm when I pick him up. He just wants to stay home with me! What more would you want from your child? I think that next year, he will enjoy preschool more. Craving Independence more and enjoying the social/educational aspect of it. For now, I love that he wants to stay in his cocoon until he is ready to blossom. Somehow, the idea of forcing him to become more independent or more happy away from home feels wrong. Best to follow my instincts on this one. He will enjoy being away from me one day. For now- I am going to enjoy that he needs his Mama and the comforts of home.
Since Matthew turned four, he has gained some speed in the sassy department. Potty talk galore, experimenting with language (saying 'Dad, you're a liar!' even though he doesn't know what liar means), talking back more and more while also using more sophisticated/slang language that keeps us on his toes. As I have mentioned before, Matthew has really taken a liking to video games. It is kind of scary to see how addicted a four year old brain can get to gaming! There are game stations, iPads, iPhones, Nintendo DS systems at their disposal! Damien and I make a real effort to limit his access to these things. On a normal day, he gets fifteen minutes and that's it!
I can't wait for summer to get here. I think that Matthew is going to love having all of his siblings around him. He adores Michael and Claire. Even though Emily does pester Matthew a lot- he is the best brother to her. He talks to her in this over enunciated sweet voice that just melts our hearts. He makes sure she is okay and gets what she needs. Matthew is such an amazing kid. I am one lucky Mommy, for sure.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an absolute doll. Good job following your momma instincts...they are only this age once!
Matthew is a treasure and his Nonna loves him very much!
What a sweet heart! I love that he is a big brother to Emily. How fun that he can be her protector and friend too.
Don't call me lovey! Oh yeah? What should I call you? ...sweet pea. Love you Matthew!!
Post a Comment