Sunday, March 06, 2011

My Daughters

Claire and Emily are really starting to hang out more.  It is so sweet.  In the beginning, Claire only played the nurturing role to Emily.  As I have mentioned in previous posts- she was kind of the second Mommy of sorts. Emily has always taken great comfort in the presence of Claire.  For me, it is how I always dreamed it to be.  Claire + Sister = Love.

Now that Emily is turning more and more into a 'big girl' she wants to actually play with Claire.  Claire loves it because she is no longer able to bribe Matthew to play Littlest Pet Shop with her.  When I am stressed or need Claire to watch Emily for five minutes- Claire gladly invites Emily into her room to play.  Emily, so excited by the invitation, skips with Claire into her room and they close the door.  It brings me peace and makes the house a little quieter which is just what I need sometimes.

Emily is happiest when all of her siblings are home.  However, she is most grounded when her Clairey is with her.  If I get mad at Emily or she gets in trouble- she runs right to Claire and mumbles what happened to her.  Claire is so good at comforting her and then saying, 'I know you are upset but you can't stand on the stool.  You will get a big owie and Mommy only got mad because she loves you and doesn't want you to get hurt.'  Really?  Sometimes it's as if I programmed Claire to say the very perfect thing.  Claire is so wonderful.

Life is good when you see these two together.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for my girls.

2 comments:

LSacco said...

The girls together warms my heart.
Nonna

the uffelmans said...

oh. my. goodness. this is so sweet. i can't stop looking at these pictures.